PROSPERO includes details of any planned or on-going systematic review that has a health related outcome.
Systematic review protocols assessing:
- Interventions (Including qualitative and individual participant data reviews)
- Diagnostic accuracy
- Prognostic factors
- Epidemiological reviews relevant to health and social care
- Public health
- Service delivery in health and social care
Requirements for registration
- A full protocol should be ready before registering with PROSPERO
- Submissions must be made before data extraction commences (from October 2019)
- Registration forms must be complete.
- Submissions must be in English (search strategies and protocols attached to a record may be in any language).
PROSPERO does not accept:
- Systematic reviews without an outcome of clear relevance to the health of humans
- Scoping reviews
- Literature reviews that use a systematic search
- Systematic reviews assessing sports performance as an outcome
- Methodological reviews that assess ONLY the quality of reporting
- Cochrane protocols are automatically uploaded- To avoid duplication of records, Cochrane protocols should not be registered separately with PROSPERO.